Thursday, December 21, 2006

The end of this year

As tomorrow, Im declaring myself on vacation. Linn and I are travelling once again to Costa Rica to visit my family for a month and I cant wait to get there.

This year have been amazingly productive. New office, worked in projects for Lutelandet, SiB, the Norwegian Army, Embla Film, Norsk Dokumentar Film, Airview and Sjotroll. The tasks were so varied; from directing, photography, script advice, editing, digital compositing, DVD authoring, sound mixing, music composition, color correction, animation, print design, package design... I was a teacher at UiB and at Jolster Highschool. My students in Jolster won the award for best direction at the Students Media Festival in Sogn and Fjordane for an Oddvar Torsheims portrait. Im so proud! :-)

If this is not enough I now have two projects under development: The Fable of the Leaf catched the eye of Arild Mehn Andersen who is now producing the animated short. The Norwegian Film Fund has given us funds for developing the project further.

The other: "Gustav Stromsvik, the forgotten archeologist" is now under the roof of Flimmer Film and I hope next year we will see the start of the development phase. They have received, as well, a script for a short fiction that I wrote this year; they liked it a lot. If everything goes ok, I wish to be able to work with them with this project also.

Jose, on his own in Costa Rica, has been producing "Con camisa y sin camisa", a short fiction film. He has started the shooting and this january I will be taking one day to help him with the last scenes. We hope to have this one ready for the next Costa Rican Film Festival.

An so it is, that I now pull the plug for a while and take some rest before next year comes. Enjoy the holidays, wherever you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home